Blog Goal

This blog is to educate and entertain readers by sharing my experiences as an acreage dweller. I have incorporated the "donate" button as the sole means of revenue earned from this blog. Any monies received will be used for temporary improvements to our existing rented acreage, and toward the purchase of an acreage/farm of our own. I thank you for your support.

Thursday 31 May 2012

Alpacas in Their New Pen

Below are a couple of pictures of the alpacas in the pen I built yesterday. It is connected to the big pen, but separated by a gate. I put them in it for an hour and a half and they ate at least half of the grass. I will be putting them back in it again today so I can work on their big pen; there are a few fence posts that could benefit from being straightened out and some wire tightened up.

It is also time to clean out the hay and straw (and poop) that has been accumulating in there all winter. As I did some raking yesterday, I uncovered a small asparagus patch in the pen; I wasn't thinking when I put that pen there, was I? Any way, I will be moving the asparagus plants over to a garden bed and mulching it with straw and alpaca pellets. I should have an awesome crop of asparagus next year!


Can you see our Blue Heeler in the picture on the left? He was making sure no one escaped. :)

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment